Monday, January 24, 2011

Packer - Bears game

I happened to be held up in Jefferson, outside with the animals when the game started. General life as we know it came to a standstill. I didn't realize the amount of random noise we as people, (all of us) make every day, all day. When the game began, the sun happened to come out, and the birds and everything alive outside seemed at peace. A peace I haven't seen or felt since I was a young child. No stray noise to speak of, no traffic, and no real airliner traffic, and the real world became visible to my ears! It was great!! A silence of sounds I had forgotten existed!

Sometimes we need experiences like this to remind us that we need to step back sometimes to understand our past, and allow us to effectively use the pasts lessons to shape our future. We seem to get buried in the random noise. As the comic strip Pogo used to say, "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" Enjoy life daily.

Keep warm. Les

No comments:

Post a Comment