Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall in Wisconsin

What a beautiful day.  May be a little warm for October but gorgeous.  The leaves are really beginning to color our world with fall and I spent the trip from the East troy site to the Jefferson site with the window open and singing oldies.  My path takes me past hills and trees, wild turkeys, bicyclist and horse back riders.  Luckily my singing didn't share the horses.  I had to pull the shade cloth back over the greenhouse and open the side vents more today in Jefferson as the temperatures climb.  The East Troy site is shading itself with all the garden peach tomatoes that we left to grow in that house.  The winter spinach is about 2" high and the first beds of herbs and culinary flowers for the winter market are already starting to bloom.  We are still picking up pumpkins and winter squashes out of the field but plenty of cured ones are lined up in front of the barn in Jefferson and the hillside by the greenhouse in East Troy.  Come on out and pick out your favorites.  I like to use them as decorations on the table in the house or with a corn shock (we've got those too) by the door for a while before I cut into them.  Of course there is that first pumpkin pie that just won't wait.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment