Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sunset

     The sunset last night was incredible from the top of the hill on the farm in Jefferson.  The sky was a specatular display of colors dancing to a rythm all its own.  When I finally came out of the aw effect I wished that Rachel had been there.  (That's  my daughter in-law and beside being a wonderful daughter in-law, she is a talented photographer.  I fell in love with a recent photo of a Penn Barn in fall color with a rainbow.)
     Oh I suppose I should remind everyone about the Making Pumpkin Pie from Scratch workshop next week at Basics in Janesville, 4:00PM Wed. Nov. 10th.  It will feature the pumpkin that Les has been working on over the years.  It is similar to a canner pumpkin with a dull orange out side, and thick bright orange meat that has  a flavor to die for.  And yes we have plenty for the holiday pie making/ wine making season.  Check out tips and recipes on the website or better yet join us on Wed the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment